Friday Traffic Report - March 8-15 - Friday Traffic Report - March 8-15
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Friday Traffic Report - March 8-15
March 8, 2019
- Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians: review the listing of streets and related messages below for travel information of interest to you.
Traffic and pedestrian impacts this week:
- Highway 401 – at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. A new carpool lot will open here Nov. 30, 2019. Ontario highway updates are offered by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Jackson Mills Road – from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) – reduced to one lane for roadside safety improvements but both directions remain open.
- John Counter Boulevard – from Portsmouth to Princess – expect road delays until the end of March while Bell Canada and Utilities Kingston crews relocate the overhead wires in preparation for the next phase of the John Counter improvements.
Traffic-related links and messages:
- Load restrictions in effect: Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
- Kingston Transit detours: www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Daily updates: Follow @CityofKingston on Twitter – https://twitter.com/cityofkingston.
- Ministry of Transportation updates – For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- City's infrastructure program: www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.