Front Road Bridge construction update - Front Road Bridge construction update
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Front Road Bridge construction update
May 5, 2016 -
- Reconstruction on the Front Road Bridge has taken longer than anticipated.
- The City has worked for some time with the contractor to get a clear schedule for completion as well as certainty of details about unforeseen costs.
- The City has followed the terms of the contract and has suspended the contractor until clarity around the schedule and costs are provided.
- The work site will continue to be maintained in a safe condition.
- The City looks forward to moving this project forward to completion.
- The City will continue to share details as they are known.
"We have worked with the contractor to get clarity and certainty on the schedule and costs. This information has yet to be provided by the contractor so we have suspended the work until we gain clarity on these issues." Mark Campbell, construction manager, City of Kingston
"We have to focus on value for money and safeguarding our taxpayers The contract sets out an industry-standard process to resolve disputes, which we are following." Mark Van Buren, director of engineering, City of Kingston
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.