Grand Theatre 2015-16 season goes on sale Monday at noon - Grand Theatre 2015-16 season goes on sale Monday at noon
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Grand Theatre 2015-16 season goes on sale Monday at noon
Aug. 24, 2015 –
The Grand Theatre opens its box office at noon on Monday, Aug. 24 to offer individual tickets on all its 2015-16 shows. More performers – including The Wiggles and Hey Rosetta! – have been added to the upcoming season since the Grand Theatre Presents program was announced this spring.
See the full list of performances and purchase your tickets for any show without a subscription (starting Monday at noon) online at www.kingstongrand.ca . You may also visit the Grand Theatre box office, 218 Princess St. or call 613-530-2050 to purchase tickets.
Other highlights from the upcoming Grand Theatre Presents season include:
- Comedy acts: Howie Mandel; Ron James; Steven Wright; and Just for Laughs
- Stand-out specials: Heritage Blues Orchestra; Bboyizm; Bollywood Masala Orchestra; Men of the Deep; Yamato Drummers; and The Legendary Downchild Blues Band
- Old faves: Classic Albums Live – Breakfast in America and Led Zeppelin II; Shine On: The Universe of John Lennon; and Sing-A-Long-A-Grease
- Headliners: Darlene Love; Jesse Cook; Holly Cole; Raine Maida & Chantal Kreviazuk; José Feliciano and Pavlo; Danny Michel & Jeremy Fisher; Johnny Clegg; and Ruthie Foster.
- Fun for the kids: Goodnight Moon & Runaway Bunny; The Cat in the Hat; and Big Bad Wolf
- Dance: ProAreDanza Moscow Classical Ballet: The Nutcracker; Hong Kong Ballet; Royal Winnipeg Ballet
- Patrons can continue to create their own subscription packages by Picking 4 or More of their favourite shows at any time throughout the season and enjoy up to 15 per cent in savings. There are a variety of performances to choose from featuring theatre, comedy, classical music, kids, blues, dance, rock and country, along with a healthy addition of special events throughout the year.
Ticket pricing offers options
Up to half-priced tickets for patrons ages 30 and under and $5 tickets for secondary students to many of our shows as part of our IMPACT and eyeGo To The Arts programs will continue to be made available for this year.
New this season Kingston Transit riders with monthly photo ID passes are also eligible to up to half off tickets eligible IMPACT performances as part of Kingston Transit's PassPerks program.
Heartfelt thanks to the Grand Theatre Foundation and its individual donors and corporate sponsors. The 2015-16 Grand Theatre Presents Season sponsors include Homestead Land Holdings, Delta Waterfront Hotel, Caldwell Wealth & Estate Advisory Ltd., Walter Fenlon & Linda Ann Daly, Assante Wealth Management Dianne Lackonick, CIBC Children's Foundation, Sun Life Financial, Mackillop Law, Chez Piggy, Empire Life, Stan & Marie-Rose Gibson, Southeastern Communication Services, Elaine & Michael Davies, Shoalts and Zaback Architects Ltd., Bergeron Clifford LLP., and TD Canada Trust. Program Supporters are Canada Council for the Arts, Canadian Heritage, Ontario Arts Council and the City of Kingston.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
- 30 -
Media contact: For more information contact Julie Fossitt, Marketing Administrator 613-546-4291, ext. 1143. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300