Grand Theatre Presents announces exciting 2016-17 season - Grand Theatre Presents announces exciting 2016-17 season
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Grand Theatre Presents announces exciting 2016-17 season
May 20, 2016 -
The Grand Theatre has announced and is now selling subscriptions to its 2016-17 season featuring more than 40 new shows.
What's playing at the Grand this year? Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy, Tanya Tagaq, The Tea Party, Rhythm of the Dance, Los Lobos, Ben Heppner, Max & Ruby and the Just for Laughs Road Show are just a few of the shows coming to Kingston's premier downtown performing arts centre.
Customize your own subscription package by Picking Any 4 or More of your favourite shows. Enjoy up to 10 per cent off regular ticket prices, priority seating of your choice, discounted pricing, pre-sale opportunities to shows added during the season, ticket exchange privileges and much more.
See the full list of performances and subscribe online at www.kingstongrand.ca/subscribe. You may also visit the Grand Theatre box office, 218 Princess St. or call 613-530-2050 to purchase subscriptions.
This year's Grand Theatre Presents highlights include:
- Headliners: Terri Clark; The Nylons; Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy; Ben Heppner; Los Lobos; Ladysmith Black Mambazo; and The Tea Party
- Stand-out specials: Gypsy Sound Revolution; Tokyo Police Club; Maceo Parker;; Berg, Murphy, Northey & Page; Tanya Tagaq; and Immortal Chi
- Favourites: A Night in Paris with Edith Piaf; Classic Albums Live performs David Bowie – The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars; and The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Theatre: Why Not Theatre presents Iceland; Volcano Theatre presents Infinity; and Broadway's hilarious smash hit Menopause, the Musical
- Comedy: CBC's The Debaters and Just for Laughs Road Show
- Dance: The Nutcracker; Swan Lake; Rhythm of the Dance; The Honouring; and Leading Voices in Contemporary Dance
- KidStage: The Lightening Thief; Brown Bear and Other Treasured Stories; and Max & Ruby in Holiday Sweets; and The Bockety World of Henry & Bucket
There are a variety of performances to choose from featuring theatre, comedy, classical music, kids, blues, dance, rock and country, along with a healthy addition of special events throughout the year.
Regular tickets, without subscription requirement, go on sale on August 15, 2016.
Heartfelt thanks to the Grand Theatre Foundation and its individual donors and corporate sponsors. The 2016-17 Grand Theatre Presents Season sponsors include Homestead; Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel; Caldwell; Walter Fenlon & Linda Ann Daly; Assante Wealth Management and Dianne Lackonick; CIBC Children's Foundation and CIBC Wood Gundy; Sun
Life Financial; Mackillop Law; Chez Piggy; Empire Life; Stan & Marie-Rose Gibson; Elaine & Michael Davies; Shoalts and Zaback Architects Ltd.; and TD Canada. The program also enjoys the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, Canadian Heritage and the Ontario Arts Council.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
Media contact: For more information contact Julie Fossitt, Marketing Administrator 613-546-4291, ext. 1143. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.