News & Public Notices
Have FebFest visitors? Rent skates at the Square.
February 1, 2016 -
You can rent skates at the Springer Market Square rink during FebFest!
The City of Kingston's skate rental service at the Square will available at some public skate times during FebFest, this Thursday to Sunday (see schedule below). The rental booth is located just off the lower courtyard in the basement of City Hall. Lockers (bring your own lock) and accessible washrooms are also available. An accessibility ramp to this area is available off Brock Street.
Skate rental rates
- Children (12 and under) – $2.50 an hour
- Youth (13 to 24) and Seniors (65+) – $3.75 an hour
- Adults (25+) – $4.75 an hour
- Families (maximum two adults and their children 24 and under) – $2.50 per person per hour
Febfest skate rental schedule
Thursday, Feb. 4
- Rental shop is open 5 to 9 p.m.
- Public skates are 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 to 10 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 5
- Rental shop is open 6:30 to 10 p.m.
- Public skate is 6:30 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 6
- Rental shop is open 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Public skate is 5:30 to 10 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 7
- Rental shop is open 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 to 9 p.m.
- Public skates are 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 to 10 p.m.
For the full FebFest schedule, go to the Downtown Kingston! site: www.downtownkingston.ca/enjoy/2016/feb-fest
Keep up with the rink's status at www.CityofKingston.ca/skatinginthesquare .
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality - - ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.