News & Public Notices
Have FREE fun and learn about the Official Plan at Sunday open houses
April 4, 2016 -
Learn about the Official Plan – the plan that helps shape our city – and have FREE active fun at two City of Kingston open houses on upcoming Sundays:
- Sunday, April 17: come to Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St., to learn about the Official Plan from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and enjoy a FREE adult & family swim – 11:45 a.m. to 1:25 p.m.
- Sunday, April 24: come to the INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd., to learn about the plan from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and enjoy a FREE skate on the RONA ice pad from 12 to 2 p.m.
"Learning about your city is fun. We are working on the five-year update to the Official Plan. It's a plan that helps guide growth and building decisions for every neighbourhood of the city, so everyone in Kingston should have a chance to see it and offer input on it," says Greg Newman, manager, policy planning.
Bring family and/or friends to the open houses to:
- Learn more about the Official Plan Update and offer your feedback.
- Draw YOUR Kingston
- Get an Official Planning Passport: get it stamped at each booth and enter it to WIN a one-year family wellness membership (one draw per weekend).
- Enjoy FREE skating or swimming, face- painting, posters and balloon characters.
Find out more about the Official Plan and the five-year update at www.CityofKingston.ca/OPupdate.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.