How to vote in the municipal by-election for District 1 - Countryside District - How to vote in the municipal by-election for District 1 - Countryside District
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null How to vote in the municipal by-election for District 1 - Countryside District
May 2, 2017 -
Those eligible to vote in the municipal by-election to choose a councillor for District 1 – Countryside District can do so in person or online starting May 6.
Vote by Internet
Vote by Internet from 10 a.m. on May 6 (Advance Voting Day) until 8 p.m. on May 15 (Voting Day). Electors can:
- follow the Internet voting instructions on their Voter Information Notice or
- select the "Voters" button at www.CityofKingston.ca/city-hall/elections and follow the links to get to the Internet voting page.
- Note: registration for Internet voting closes at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 15 but electors can vote until 8 p.m.
Vote in Person
For the 2017 municipal by-election for District 1 – Countryside, the City will have two days of in-person voting and electors can vote at any of the following poll location, regardless of where in District 1 they reside:
- Advanced Voting Day – May 6: Vote from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Fire Station #8, 1485 Unity Rd.
- Final Voting Day – May 15: Vote from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Fire Station #1, 1648 Joyceville Rd.; Fire Station #8, 1485 Unity Rd.; or Fire Station #9, 2835 Highway 38
Haven't received your voter information notice and live, own or rent land, or are the spouse of someone who lives, owns or rents land in District 1 - Countryside? Check to see if you are on the voters list using the "Voters" button at: www.CityofKingston.ca/city-hall/elections
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications and customer experience department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.