Interim property tax bill deadline is Feb. 28 - Interim property tax bill deadline is Feb. 28
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Interim property tax bill deadline is Feb. 28
February 18, 2020 -
Property owners should now have their interim property tax bills. The deadline for payment is Friday, Feb. 28.
Property taxes are levied by the City and provide the main source of revenue to deliver services supplied by the City and its boards and agencies.
In addition to collecting its own taxes, the City is also responsible for levying and collecting education taxes on behalf of the Province of Ontario, which are distributed to school boards located in Kingston.
- To avoid late payment charges, the City must receive payments on or before the due date.
- Penalty and interest charges on late payments cannot be waived.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse a ratepayer from the responsibility for payment nor relieve the liability of penalty for late payment.
- A penalty of 1.25 per cent is charged on unpaid installments on the first day of default and interest of 1.25 per cent is charged on the first day of each month thereafter.
- Read your tax bill for convenient payment options.
If you have not received your tax bill, or if you require additional information, please contact our customer call centre at 613-546-0000 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The City receives property assessment information from the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation. To see the property tax assessment and tax levy for any Kingston property, use the look-up tool at www.CityofKingston.ca/assessment.