News & Public Notices
Jurassic Park #YGK moves to Memorial Centre for Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals
June 13, 2019 -
After the narrow 106-105 loss to the Golden State Warriors, the Toronto Raptors – and Kingston Raptors fans – are looking forward to Game 6. The City of Kingston, in partnership with COGECO and YOURTV, Tourism Kingston and Downtown Kingston will broadcast the Thursday, June 13 game at the Memorial Centre, 303 York St.
Doors to the Memorial Centre will open at 7:30 p.m., with tip off at 9 p.m.
Plan your evening:
- The venue floor will be available – bring your own lawn chair. Limited seating is also available in the bowl of the Memorial Centre.
- Residents are reminded the Memorial Centre is a smoke- and alcohol-free space.
- The broadcast will be closed captioned.
- Downtown Kingston will collect non-perishable food items on behalf of local food banks. Fans are encouraged to bring items for donation.
- Help us keep the Memorial Centre clean! If you are bringing coolers and snacks to the broadcast, please use the recycling bins provided throughout the facility.
How to get to the Memorial Centre:
- Plan your trip with Kingston Transit, which will be running on its regular weekday schedules. Youth 14 and under travel for free with Kingston Transit. See KingstonTransit.ca for route information.
- Driving to the Memorial Centre? Plan to carpool, and check available surface parking lots at CityofKingston.ca/Parking
- Dropbike, the City's bike-share partner, has bicycle havens in the downtown core. Download the Drop Mobility app to begin your ride.
Driven by resident enthusiasm, the broadcast of the 2019 NBA Finals in Springer Market Square kicked off on May 31. Approximately 1,000 fans have attended each of the broadcast events.
Details of Game 7 (if needed) will be shared closer to game time. Follow the City's website for updates: https://www.cityofkingston.ca/explore/nba-finals.