News & Public Notices
K-Town Countdown wraps up Sesquicentennial year celebrations
December 13, 2017 -
Join the City in celebrating Canada 150 at K-Town Countdown! Skate to the DJ's "coolest" rhythms or try a variety of all-ages' activities inside and outside of the Rogers K-Rock Centre. At 9 p.m., head out to see the spectacular fireworks display in Confederation Basin.
The K-Town Countdown starts at 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 31 at the Rogers K-Rock Centre, 1 Tragically Hip Way.
Inside The K-Rock Centre
Live entertainment, including:
- 6 p.m. – Ventriloquist Tim Holland and his hilarious cast of characters
- 7 p.m. – Energetic and light-hearted Greg Tarlin Juggling show
- 8 p.m. – Mind blowing magic and mental stunts with Rynestone the Magician
You'll also enjoy:
- NYE skate party in the K-Rock arena (every hour on the hour starting at 5 p.m. Tickets for the next skating time will be given to those in line on the half-hour.)
- Arts and crafts
- New Year's Eve photo booth
- Meet movie characters!
- Face painting (by donation)
- Food available for purchase from the Rogers K-Rock Centre concession stands
Outside And Around Downtown Kingston
Dress warmly and plan to enjoy:
- 5 to 8 p.m. – White's wagon rides
- Until 11 p.m. – Skating in Springer Market Square (weather permitting)
- 9 p.m. – Spectacular Fireworks Finale to end Canada's Sesquicentennial year. The best viewing location is Confederation Basin.
All Kingston Transit buses will operate on their regular Sunday schedule which includes extended service hours on all Express Routes and Routes 1, 7 and 15. Children 14 and under ride for free. Plan your bus trip with Kingston Transit at www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner or with your preferred transit app.
If you have accessibility needs and require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event updates – including notifications about fireworks – will be posted on the City's website at www.CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents, Facebook and Twitter pages.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the strategic communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.