News & Public Notices
K-Town Counts down New Year’s Eve at the K-Rock Centre
December 16, 2013 -
The K-Town Countdown, at the K-Rock Centre on December 31, is a free, all-ages community celebration with something for everyone to enjoy! Plan to bring your family to 1 The Tragically Hip Way to celebrate New Year's Eve.
The action includes live music, public skating on the K-Rock ice and in Springer Market Square, wagon rides, and lots of activity for kids and adults alike. The evening wraps-up at 9 p.m. with a spectacular New Year's fireworks display best viewed from the Wolfe Island Ferry dock or Confederation Park.
The doors open at 4:45 p.m. at the K-Rock Centre. Get ready to enjoy:
- Wagon Rides: catch them on The Tragically Hip Way from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Public Skating at the K-Rock Centre: 200 people will have access to the ice, every hour. Don't be disappointed! You can reserve your preferred time to skate at the beginning of the night by picking up your tickets in advance (doors open at 4:45 p.m.). Or head outside to the rink at Springer Market Square (no reservations needed). Don't forget your helmets!
- Danceheads: you and yours can star in your own music video! You will have fun making it, and you'll get a free copy of the video when you are done.
- The Not So Amateur Amateurs Kid's Activity Centre: crafts, balloon animals and face-painting (children must be accompanied by a parent).
- Rob Driscoll will entertain the crowds with walkabout magic from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Here's the line-up of live entertainers for the evening emceed by the funny and talented Roger James:
- 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Hey Kids! (Interactive Rap Music for kids and their adults)
- 5:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. – 12 year-old Country singing sensation Abby Stewart
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:10 p.m. – Rob Driscoll's Wild and Wacky Magic Show
- 7:20 p.m. to 7:55 p.m. – Turpin's Trail – upbeat, foot stomping, East Coast Music
- 8:10 to 8:55 – Rueben DeGroot's Indie, pop-rock
Find the event: www.CityofKingston.ca/events
Plan to get there by bus: www.CityofKingston.ca/tripplanner
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.