Kingston Gets Ready For A Love Affair With Culture - Kingston Gets Ready For A Love Affair With Culture
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Kingston Gets Ready For A Love Affair With Culture
September 16, 2013 -
Momentum Builds for 4th Annual Canada-Wide Celebration of Arts and Culture
Friday, Sept. 27 – Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013
Have you ever wanted to compose your own song? Experience some of Canada's great works of art? Be the star in your own film? Take an Irish dance class? Whatever your passion or curiosity, indulge it during Culture Days, Canada's annual countrywide celebration of arts and culture, returning this fall to Kingston for its fourth edition from Friday, Sept. 27 – Sunday, Sept. 29. All Culture Days events are free and accessible to all.
Find 32 cultural activities you can enjoy in Kingston during the Culture Days weekend at www.culturedays.ca.
This year, Art After Dark and Kingston WritersFest have joined with Culture Days to present selected activities from their events over the three-day period. Here's a selection of other activities:
- A celebration of 35 years at Modern Fuel Art Gallery
- Kingston Symphony Association's Instrument Petting Zoo
- Kingston WritersFest's Kids On Sunday where kids meet authors
- Make your own movie with the Limestone City Cellphone Video Challenge
- Building a gigantic sculpture at the MacLachlan Woodworking Museum
- Radio Production Intensive with CFRC
- Lessons in Irish Solo and Social Dancing
- Join the drum circle at Ben's Pub
- Learn to Care For Your Treasures at the Museum of Health Care
- Limestone Hands will teach sign language through storytelling
- And many more activities are scheduled during Culture Days weekend.
1.2 million Canadians participated in over 6,000 activities spanning over 800 communities during Culture Days 2012.
Registration to date of artists, creators of all sorts and organizations who have committed to host activities during Culture Days 2013 is up 65%.
Culture Days was initiated by four Founding Partners in 2009: The Canadian Arts Summit, Culture pour tous (producer of Journées de la culture), Canada Council for the Arts and The Banff Centre. National partners are Sun Life Financial and The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation. National National Broadcast Partner is Bell Media (CTV). Marketing Partner is BT/A. Federal Government support is provided by Canadian Heritage.
Provincial Partners are: Government of British Columbia, Government of Alberta, SaskCulture, Government of Manitoba, Government of Ontario, Ontario Arts Council, Ontario Trillium Foundation, Government of Québec, Government of New Brunswick, Government of Nova Scotia, Government of Prince Edward Island, Government of Newfoundland & Labrador, Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council and the Government of the Northwest Territories.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.