Kingston Hydro continues to outperform on provincial Scorecard - Kingston Hydro continues to outperform on provincial Scorecard
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Kingston Hydro continues to outperform on provincial Scorecard
Sept. 30, 2015 –
Kingston Hydro's 2014 performance has, again, received high scores via the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) – the second year the energy regulator has issued a scorecard. The scorecard confirms that Kingston Hydro continues to perform strongly against provincial targets.
"Kingston Hydro benefits from being operated as part of Utilities Kingston's multi-utility structure. Our high scores highlight the customer service and cost saving benefits of this service delivery model. I'm also proud to report that we've improved over last year's already high scores in many areas," says Jim Keech, president and CEO of Utilities Kingston.
Utilities Kingston provides multiple utility services under one roof, including water, wastewater, gas, electricity and fibre optics, which is unique amongst Ontario's utility providers.
Here are some of the highlights of the Kingston Hydro scorecard, available in its full form (along with frequently asked questions) at www.kingstonhydro.com
Highlights from the Kingston Hydro scorecard, for the year 2014:
- Kingston Hydro received perfect scores – 100 per cent – again this year for meeting 645 appointments and connecting 199 new residential and small business services on time.
- It scored 99.74 per cent on billing accuracy on 79,747 bills.
- It improved on last year's score and remains above the industry average for answering calls within 30 seconds. In 2014, customer service representatives responded to 51,501 calls.
- Of a measured 19,979 contacts, customer service representatives were able to answer questions 98.32 per cent of the time without transferring to another person.
- The average number of hours that power to a customer was interrupted was reduced to less than an hour – the least-ever amount of time over the five years considered by the OEB.
- The average number of times that power to a Kingston Hydro customer was interrupted was also at a record-low level.
- The per-customer cost of providing electricity distribution services has also dropped over last year to $501 from $517.
(Please note that weather events can impact these measures.)
Public policy responsiveness:
- Kingston Hydro exceeded its peak-demand savings target, achieving more than 112 per cent of its goal.
- It also exceeded its net cumulative energy-savings target, scoring more than 123 per cent of its goal.
- Kingston Hydro's net earnings for 2014 were within 0.5 per cent of its allowable return on equity.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, media relations officer for Utilities Kingston at 613-546-4291, ext. 3116.
About Kingston Hydro
Kingston Hydro is the Ontario Energy Board-licensed distributor of electricity in Central Kingston. The company owns the wires, poles, transformers and meters that bring electricity from the provincial electricity transmission grid to 27,000 homes and businesses in Central Kingston, Canadian Forces Base Kingston, and parts of Barriefield Village. The assets of the corporation are proudly maintained and operated by the employees of Utilities Kingston.
About Utilities Kingston
Utilities Kingston operates multiple utilities through a single service structure, allowing it to deliver cost savings and customer service excellence. The company is unique in Ontario, combining water, wastewater, gas and electrical services, and broadband fibre optics in one company. Trusted by customers to deliver reliable utilities for more than 150 years, employees are proud to provide personal, responsive services.
Connect to Utilities Kingston – all your utility needs under one roof.
Twitter: follow @www.twitter.com/utilitieskngstn
Facebook: Like us at www.facebook.com/utilitieskingston