Kingston Hydro Introduces Improved Website - Kingston Hydro Introduces Improved Website
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Kingston Hydro Introduces Improved Website
April 2, 2014 -
Check out KingstonHydro.com today to see its new look and tour its improvements. The refreshed website offers:
- time-of-use period indicator to help you shift your electricity use to off-peak times
- a map of Kingston Hydro's distribution area
- information on electricity rates, regulations, conservation and demand management
- links to electricity services offered by Utilities Kingston – including energy conservation, billing and account management and maps of planned power outages
- beautiful photographs of electricity-in-use, donated by local photographer Paul Wash
"In addition to visually celebrating our local assets, the new site does a great job of explaining how Kingston Hydro works for Kingstonians in City Central," says Jim Keech, President and C.E.O. of Utilities Kingston. He notes that the Utilities Kingston model offers its customers multiple, reliable, and locally-owned and operated utility services, all under one roof.
Kingston Hydro is licensed by the Ontario Energy Board to distribute electricity to 27,000 customers in central Kingston. Owned by the City, Kingston Hydro in turn owns the wires, poles, transformers and meters that deliver electricity to customers through the provincial electricity transmission grid.
Kingston Hydro's assets are maintained and operated by the employees of Utilities Kingston, which is also owned by the City. Kingston Hydro charges the OEB-approved rates for electricity and bills customers through Utilities Kingston.
www.kingstonhydro.com or call the Customer Service Centre at 613-546-0000.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer for Kingston Hydro at 613-546-4291, extension 3116.