Make the right call to identify and report a utility emergency - Make the right call to identify and report a utility emergency
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Make the right call to identify and report a utility emergency
November 27, 2019 -
Utilities Kingston is urging residents to know their electricity provider so they know who to call in the event of a power outage or other electricity emergency. The utility company is also concerned with residents reporting potentially life-threatening emergencies using email or social media.
"This is about making the right call. We proudly serve customers in our distribution area, but there are parts of Kingston that are served by other utility providers. It's important to know your provider and to know who to call in case of a power outage or other utility emergency," says Jim Keech, President and CEO of Utilities Kingston. "We want to help people understand how to identify a utility issue, and that our 24-hour emergency phone line is the safest way to report it, in our area."
Always Call to Report a Utility Emergency
Utility issues could create a serious safety hazard. Always call – and NEVER email or use social media – to report a utility emergency. Here is a list of who to call:
- If you see a downed power line or other life-threatening situation, call your electricity provider's emergency line or 9-1-1.
- Tree branches on power lines, open utility boxes and damaged hydro poles could all create serious safety risks and should be immediately reported. Call your electricity provider for the area (see list below).
Who Provides Your Electricity?
To see if you are in Utilities Kingston's service area, use the address look-up Utilities Kingston's electricity customers are in Central Kingston, Barriefield and CFB Kingston.
If you are not in Utilities Kingston's area, check your electricity bill or view a map of electricity service areas in Kingston, available from the Utilities Kingston website.
In the event of a power outage:
- Utilities Kingston customers – check the Utilities Kingston Outage page or call 613-546-1181 anytime.
- Hydro One customers – check the HydroOne Storm Centre page or call 1-888-664-9376.
- Eastern Ontario Power customers – call 1-844-601-9473.
Learn how to prepare for – and prevent – utility issues and emergencies at www.UtilitiesKingston.com.