News & Public Notices
Missed The Shopkins due to the weather? You may be eligible for an account credit.
April 16, 2018 -
Safety is a priority for the City of Kingston's Grand Theatre but the weather this past weekend presented many unusual challenges for this time of year. We recognize that some out-of-town ticket holders may have been unable to attend The Shopkins on April 15 due to the severe weather so the Grand Theatre is offering an account credit or tickets for a future performance of The Shopkins in Cornwall.
To receive the account credit or tickets for The Shopkins in Cornwall ticket holders can:
- Call The Grand Theatre box office at 613-530-2050. The box office is open 12 to 6 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- Email the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket holders may also contact Koba Entertainment, producers of The Shopkins, with concerns. They can be reached at email@example.com
The Grand Theatre has received a number of questions from residents and ticket holders about its cancellation policy this past weekend and will try to answer some of those questions here:
- Five different performances were scheduled for this past weekend, and Grand Theatre staff worked closely with each presenting organization to determine the best course of action. In each situation, the performers were safely on site and the decision was made to proceed with each show for the benefit of those people who had bought tickets and wished to attend.
- In anticipation of a challenging weather picture this weekend, a message was issued on Friday afternoon to all ticket holders for shows being presented over the weekend. The message indicated that ticket holders would be contacted by e-mail in the event of any cancellations and also encouraged people to monitor local media outlets for weather updates and to take precautions if ticket holders decided to travel to the Grand Theatre despite the inclement weather.
- When purchasing tickets for live performances events there is always language that states all purchases are final. The same is true for the Grand Theatre, but a decision was made to make an exception to that policy in relation to the 1 p.m. presentation of The Shopkins on Sunday, April 15 given the weather conditions. At 2 p.m., we circulated a notice letting people know that anyone coming from outside Kingston could request a credit toward a future performance if they chose not to travel.
The Grand Theatre appreciates the feedback it received over the weekend and also appreciates that performers are committed to presenting their work. Additional questions can be sent through the Grand Theatre website: https://www.kingstongrand.ca/contact