Music in the Gardens FREE concert series begins - Music in the Gardens FREE concert series begins
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Music in the Gardens FREE concert series begins
June 27, 2016 -
Bring a lawn chair to Lions Civic Gardens on Wednesday and Sunday evenings to enjoy Music in the Gardens – the City of Kingston's free summer concert series.
The series begins this Sunday and runs from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Gardens, located off Gardiners Road next to the Cataraqui Town Centre where free parking is available. An accessible drop off area is available at the top of the park, using the road behind Isabel Turner Library, 935 Gardiners Rd.
Music in the Gardens features a Jazz, Blues and Big Band series on Sundays and a Medley of Music series on Wednesdays. Here is this year's line-up:
Jazz, Blues and Big Bands on Sunday Nights
Thanks to the series sponsors: The Royale Place Retirement Residence, The Trillium Ridge Retirement Community, and Rosewood Retirement Residence. Thanks to the Swing On Jazz sponsor: Raymond James Investments
- July 3 – The Big Phat Horn Band
- July 10 – Swing On Jazz Band
- July 17 – The Tim Hallman Band
- July 24 – Kim Pollard Band
- July 31 – Craig Jones and the 20th Century Band
- Aug. 7 – Nostalgic Sounds
- Aug. 14 – Mary Jo and the Retros
- Aug. 21 – Swingtime Dance Band
- Aug. 28 – The Cranberry Dixie Band
Medley of Music on Wednesday Nights
Thanks to the series sponsor: Kingston Community Credit Union
- July 6 – The Tone Kats (classic rock)
- July 13 – The Kings Town Tenors (classic rock, Tenor style)
- July 20 – Kingston Classic Trio (classical)
- July 27 – Jenica Rayne Ensemble (indie folk)
- Aug. 3 – The Saxobelles (pop standards, easy listening)
- Aug. 10 – Aislinn McAllister (pop, top-20 covers)
- Aug. 17 – Kris and Dee (folk, pop)
- Aug. 24 – Frontenac Community Concert Band (show tunes, pop)
- Aug. 31 – Jisk (easy listening, Latin, show tunes)
Music in the Gardens is possible thanks to the City of Kingston, the Music Performers Fund (MPF) and the generosity of these corporate sponsors: the Kingston Community Credit Union, The Royale Place Retirement Residence, The Trillium Ridge Retirement Community, and Rosewood Retirement Residence and Raymond James Investments.
The concert listings can also be found at www.Cityofkingston.ca/events.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.