Music in the Gardens FREE concert series begins this week! - Music in the Gardens FREE concert series begins this week!
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Music in the Gardens FREE concert series begins this week!
July 3, 2013 -
The City's free evening concert series, Music in the Gardens, begins Sunday and runs on Wednesday and Sunday evenings from 7 to 8 p.m. at Lions Civic Gardens, located off Gardiners Road next to the Cataraqui Town Centre.
This year, Music in the Gardens Summer Concert Series has expanded, and now features two separate series: a Medley of Music Series on Wednesdays, which will showcase local folk, Celtic, country and pop entertainers – and a Jazz, Blues and Big Band Series on Sundays presented by The Royale Kingston Retirement Residence.
Bring your lawn chair to the free concerts held, weather-permitting, at Lions Civic Gardens. Free parking is available in the Cataraqui Town Centre parking lot. An accessible drop off area is available at the top of the park, using the road behind Isabel Turner Library, 935 Gardiners Rd.
The Music in the Gardens Series is made possible thanks to the City of Kingston, the Music Performers Fund (MPF) and the generosity of corporate sponsors.
Here is this year's line-up:
JAZZ, BLUES AND BIG BANDS ON SUNDAY NIGHTS
- July 7: The Sounds of Jazz Big Band (sponsored in part by Raymond James)
- July 14: Kingston Brass
- July 21: Blue Swing Jazz Quartet
- July 28: Rideau River Big Band
- August 4: Cranberry Dixie
- August 11: Softwinds
- August 18: Tim Hallman/Gene Richard
- August 25: Swingtime Dance Band
MEDLEY OF MUSIC ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS
- July 10: Ralph Kuster – Easy Listening/Pop
- July 17: The Wilkins – Country
- July 24: Ed Thompson Trio - Pop Standards
- July 31: Reg Corey – Easy Listening/Pop
- August 7: Partita Trio – Classical
- August 14: Roger James – Celtic/Folk
- August 21: Spencer Evans Trio – Pop
- August 28: Frontenac Community Concert Band – Pop
The concert listings can also be found at www.Cityofkingston.ca/events .
Plan to get there by bus: www.CityofKingston.ca/tripplanner
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.