News & Public Notices
North King's Town sessions and talking circle to kick-off second phase of planning
February 14, 2018 -
The City is launching the next phase of its work to develop a secondary plan for North King's Town (NKT) – the Inner Harbour and Old Industrial areas just north of downtown. This second phase involves five technical studies: land use, cultural heritage, transportation, servicing and finance and implementation.
"These studies will help us create the plan for this diverse and important area and feedback will help us get them right. Because there is so much ground to cover, we are doing this in stages starting with the land use plan and the cultural heritage analysis," says Sonya Bolton, senior planner.
Come to one of these engagement opportunities to launch Phase 2 of the NKT planning process – and learn about the draft land use plan and cultural heritage analysis:
Wednesday, Feb. 28 at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 560 at 734 Montreal St.
- 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – members of the local indigenous community are invited to participate in a morning talking circle and workshop
- 2:30 to 5 p.m. – public open house, presentation (3 p.m.) and workshop (3:30 p.m.)
- 6 to 8:30 p.m. – public open house, presentation (6:30 p.m.) and workshop (7 p.m.)
Drop-in Information Centres
- 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 3 at Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St.
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6 at the Heritage Resource Centre, Market Wing, City Hall, 216 Ontario St.
Children are welcome to attend the Feb. 28 events. Kids activity bags with colouring books, crayons and activities will be available.
To learn more about the NKT plan please visit, www.CityofKingston.ca/NorthKingsTown.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications and customer experience department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.