News & Public Notices
Notice of Passing of a Zoning By-Law by the Corporation of the City of Kingston
October 1, 2013 -
The Council of The Corporation of the City of Kingston passed By-Law No. 2013-193, "A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW NO. 32-74, ‘A BY-LAW TO REGULATE THE USE OF LANDS AND THE CHARACTER, LOCATION AND USE OF BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES IN THE TOWNSHIP OF PITTSBURGH' AND BY-LAW NO. 11-78 ‘A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW NO. 31-77' (Administrative amendments)" on the 24th day of September, 2013, under Section 34 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended.
AND TAKE NOTICE that any person or agency may appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board in respect of the By-Law by filing with the Clerk of The Corporation of the City of Kingston not later than the 21st day of October, 2013, a Notice of Appeal setting out the objection to the By-Law and the reasons in support of the objection. The objection must be accompanied by the fee required by the Ontario Municipal Board.
Only individuals, corporations and public bodies may appeal a Zoning By-Law to the Ontario Municipal Board. A notice of appeal may not be filed by an unincorporated association or group. However, a notice of appeal may be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or group on its behalf. No person or public body shall be added as a party to the hearing of the appeal unless, before the by-law was passed, the person or public body made oral submissions at a public meeting or written submissions to the council or, in the opinion of the Ontario Municipal Board, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
AN EXPLANATION of the purpose and effect of the By-Law, describing the lands to which the By-Law applies, and a description of the location of the lands to which the By-Law applies are attached.
DATED at the City of Kingston
this 1st day of October, 2013
The Last Day For Filing Objections Will Be October 21st, 2013. The Objection Must Be Received By 4:30 pm at the Office of the Clerk, City Hall, 216 Ontario Street, by this Date In Order To Be Valid.
Any appeal submitted to the City of Kingston for referral to the Ontario Municipal Board must include the following:
1. the objection to the By-Law and the reasons in support of the objection;
2. the name and address of the appellant; and,
3. the fee required by the Ontario Municipal Board in the amount of $125.00 payable to the Minister of Finance, Province of Ontario.
EXPLANATORY NOTE CONCERNING BY-LAW NO. 2013-193
AREA AFFECTED:The area affected encompasses all the lands within Zoning By-Law No. 32-74 (former Township of Pittsburgh), which encompasses an area that is bounded to the West and North by the Rideau Canal Waterway, to the east by Boundary Rd. and Deer Ridge Dr. and to the south by the St. Lawrence River.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this amendment is to:
- clarify a number of administrative matters within the text of the By-Law such as updating the table of contents and reference tables as well as administration sections of the By-Law;
- change and update the Map Schedules to correct such matters as Schedules that are no longer applicable; properties that incorrectly share a Zone Symbol; and Removal of "-H" symbol where provisions were met and development of the property occurred;
- correct formatting where Clauses were added to the wrong Sections of the By Law; missing titles; inconsistent use of wording; addition of Zone Symbols to titles; clarification of cross referencing of zone provisions; renumbering of clauses; delete duplicate Sub-sections; delete site specific zones no longer needed; the addition of provisions for the removal of Holding (-H ) symbol to site specific zones outside of By-Law No. 32-74;
- correct errors including grammatical, typographical; clarification of acronyms, errors in referencing, clauses that may have inadvertently been brought into effect through the repealing of By-Laws that had repealed those clauses; the use of "-H" in titles and text of site specific zones where provisions for the removal of "-H" symbol are not referenced.
EFFECT: The effect of this By-Law is to permit the clarification of administrative matters within the text of the By-Law, change and update the Map Schedules, correct formatting as well as errors to By-Law No. 32-74. These changes will have no substantive effect on the zones to which they apply, but will serve to clarify the intent and interpretation of the Zoning By-Laws.
KEY MAP: No key map was provided as this amendment is an Administrative Amendment to By-law No. 32-74 which applies to all the lands in the former Township of Pittsburgh.
The above is an explanation of the provisions of the amendment to the Zoning By-Law. For accurate reference, this amendment and the original By-Law No. 32-74 should be consulted at the Municipal Offices during regular business hours.