News & Public Notices
Notice of Public Open House #3 - Highway 15 Class EA
February 13, 2017 -
In light of recent growth in Kingston's east end, the City of Kingston is conducting a Schedule ‘C' Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Study (Class EA) to review the current and future transportation needs of pedestrians, cyclists, Kingston Transit and vehicles:
- along Highway 15 from south of Highway 401 to Highway 2; and
- along Highway 2 from the La Salle Causeway to Princess Mary Avenue.
The approximate study limits are illustrated on the map. Prior development approvals to close Biscayne Street at Highway 15 are being reviewed as part of this study.
Public open house
The purpose of the third and final open house is to present and receive public input on the recommended preliminary roadway designs for Highway 15 including recommendations for:
- walking, cycling, transit and driving;
- Highway 15 and Highway 2 intersection;
- Biscayne Street access; and
- the proposed visual character and landscaping plan including plant and fencing materials.
Date: Wednesday, March 1
Time: Drop in between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Location: La Salle Secondary School, 773 Highway 15
Prior public input and project information are available on the study website at www.CityofKingston.ca/highway15.
To submit a question, comment or for more information, please contact:
Tyler Lasko, P.Eng.
Infrastructure & development
City of Kingston
216 Ontario St.
Kingston, ON K7L 2Z3
Phone: 613-546-4291, ext. 2307
Joseph Arcaro, P.Eng.
100 York Blvd., Suite 300
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1J8