News & Public Notices
Notice of study commencement - Environmental assessment study
May 28, 2015 -
The City of Kingston has initiated a Schedule ‘B' Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) Study to develop a solution to address deficiencies with the existing Kingston Transit Downtown Transfer Point (DTP), located at the corner of Brock Street and Bagot Street. The approximate study area and existing site are illustrated on the map.
Municipal Class EA process will include:
- public, stakeholder and agency consultation
- developing and evaluating alternatives which will consider the options of no change to the existing DTP, upgrades to the existing DTP location, and relocation of the DTP to a different location within the study area
- assessment of the possible environmental effects of implementing the alternatives
- identification of reasonable means to mitigate any adverse impacts
- recommendation of a preferred alternative
Public and stakeholder consultation is important to ensure that comments and concerns are identified, documented and assessed. As the study progresses, upcoming engagement details will be promoted on our website at www.CityofKingston.ca/DTP.
Upon completion of the study, a Project File Report (PFR) will be submitted to the Ministry of the Environment and other key agencies and made available for public review for a period of 30 days.
Comments and information
Your participation is important. Please visit our website at www.CityofKingston.ca/DTP for further information as the study process develops. Questions, please contact:
Ian Semple, project manager
City of Kingston
216 Ontario St.
Kingston, ON K7L 2Z3
Phone: 613-546-4291, ext. 2306
Carol Kong, Public and stakeholder engagement
255 Adelaide St. W.
Toronto, ON M5H 1X9
With the exception of personal information, all comments will become part of the public record of the study. The study is being conducted according to the requirements of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, which is a planning process approved under Ontario's Environmental Assessment Act.
This notice was first issued on May 26, 2015.