News & Public Notices
Notification of filming downtown
April 1, 2014 -
Filming Day: Monday, April 14
Set-up/Tear-down/Reinstall/Disruption: April 7-15
Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures' upcoming haunting gothic horror story from director Guillermo del Toro is an early 1900s gothic romance about an aspiring author (played by Mia Wasikowska) who, in the aftermath of a family tragedy, is torn between love for her childhood friend (Charlie Hunnam) and a mysterious outsider (Tom Hiddleston). Trying to escape the ghosts of her past, she is swept away to rural England to a house that breathes, bleeds…and remembers.
The film – that will be released by Universal in IMAX on Friday, Oct. 16, 2015 – also features Jessica Chastain and Jim Beaver.
The Production Company visits Kingston on Monday, April 14, to film exterior shots. The filming will take place on Market Street and King Street from approximately 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Springer Market Square and Market Street will be closed for set-up beginning April 7 and remain closed until April 15.
- King Street (Brock Street to Earl Street) will be closed for set-up beginning April 12 and remain closed until April 15
There will be intermittent traffic stoppages on Brock Street and Ontario Street throughout the day on April 14.
These activities will be monitored by members of the Kingston Police Force.
Pedestrian access to businesses and the accessible entrance to City Hall will be maintained throughout.
Film production vehicles arrive on Saturday, April 13 and will park in assigned areas at:
- Crawford Wharf (Brock Street below Ontario Street).
- Clarence Street between Wellington Street and King Street on the north and south sides.
- Clarence Street from the water to Ontario Street north side.
- Doug Fluhrer Parking Lot at the east end of Wellington Street.
- Memorial Centre Parking Lot, west side.
Security will monitor these set and parking areas throughout.
Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures thanks you for your cooperation and consideration while it films in Kingston.
Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns at 905-626-3099.
This project is supported by the City of Kingston.