Outdoor Aqua Park to end season with Doggie Dip - Outdoor Aqua Park to end season with Doggie Dip
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Outdoor Aqua Park to end season with Doggie Dip
August 13, 2019 -
You know summer is almost over when it's time for the Summer's End Doggie Dip at the Outdoor Aqua Park! Dog owners are encouraged to sign up their dogs to take advantage of this once-a-summer opportunity for an off-leash dip on Tuesday, Sept. 17.
"Unleash your dog to run, swim and play in and around our outdoor pool. The Doggie Dip is a great way for dog owners to mark the end of summer," says Erica McPherson, supervisor, aquatics for the City of Kingston.
There will be two Doggie Dip times at the Outdoor Aqua Park, 303 York St.:
- Dogs 31 pounds or more swim during Session 1 – 5 to 5:45 p.m. (sign-in at 4:30 p.m.)
- Dogs under 30 pounds swim during Session 2 – 6 to 6:45 p.m. (sign-in at 5:30 p.m.).
Sign up early!
Register in advance to save $5 per dog and to reserve your space at the Summer's End Doggie Dip. Advanced registration fees are $8 per dog. Space permitting, same-day registration fees are $13 per dog.
Register in-person at Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St., INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd., or Rideau Heights Community Centre and Library, 85 MacCauley St. Online and phone registration is not available.
A City of Kingston PLAY account and proof of your dog's licence and vaccination records for rabies and bordatella are required at the time of registration.
Participants are reminded to follow these rules aimed at keeping all participants happy and safe:
- Only people-and-dog-friendly dogs are permitted.
- There's a two-dog-per-person limit – and also a two-person-per-dog limit.
- Children under 13 are not permitted to this event and all human participants must sign a waiver.
- Dogs must enter through the patio gate entrance and are not permitted in the change rooms.
- You must have a leash with you and be responsible for supervising your dog in and out of the water.
- You may wade into the water up to your waist, but you may not swim with the dogs.
Remember to pack dog waste bags, sunscreen and a water bottle, too!
Tell your friends they can find information on the Doggie Dip at www.CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents.