Planned power outage set for University District and nearby areas - Planned power outage set for University District and nearby areas
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Planned power outage set for University District and nearby areas
April 9, 2020 -
Utilities Kingston electricity customers in the University District and nearby areas listed below will be affected by a planned power outage on Wednesday, April 15.
Customers in these areas will experience a 30-minute outage starting at 6 a.m.:
- Johnson Street between Aberdeen and Sydenham
- William Street between University and Bagot
- Earl Street between University and Sydenham
- Aberdeen Street
- Division Street between Brock and Johnson
- Barrie Street between Johnson and Earl
- Clergy Street between Brock and Earl
- Sydenham Street between Brock and Earl
For a detailed map of the affected area, please visit www.UtilitiesKingston.com.
This power outage is necessary for workers to conduct switching operations, as they prepare for critical infrastructure upgrades to Municipal Substation Number 1 on Queen Street. This work is being completed on behalf of your electricity distributor, Kingston Hydro.
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers. For more information, please visit www.UtilitiesKingston.com or call customer service, from Monday to Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., at 613-546-0000.