News & Public Notices
Planned power outages enable rebuild of Princess Street vault
October 21, 2015 –
Utilities Kingston is rebuilding an underground transformer vault on Princess Street, between Smith and Victoria streets, on behalf of Kingston Hydro. A number of power outages are planned to enable crews to complete this work – but customers are being cautioned that emergency outages will also be required. The work is expected to be complete in early December and customers in the affected areas have been notified of the planned outages.
Commuters are also cautioned that reductions to bike lanes and parking may be necessary on Princess Street.
The work will begin in October, with a contractor for Utilities Kingston replacing electric ducts and rebuilding the vault structure. Following this work, Utilities Kingston crews will install and upgrade the electricity distribution equipment and cables.
First power outages planned for Oct. 26
Kingston Hydro customers in the Kingscourt and Williamsville areas listed below will experience planned power outages on Monday, Oct. 26.
Customers in the following areas will experience a 15-minute power outage starting at 6 a.m.:
- MacDonnell Street between Mack and Johnson
- Victoria Street between Princess and Johnson
- Nelson Street between Princess and Mack
- Nelson Street between Concession and York
- Albert Street between Princess and Brock
- Alfred Street between Princess and Brock
- Mack Street between MacDonnell and Nelson
- Brock Street between MacDonnell and Nelson
- Johnson Street between MacDonnell and Collingwood
Customers in this area will experience a one-hour power outage starting at 6 a.m.:
- Princess Street between Drayton and Albert
Customers in the following areas will experience a 15-minute power outage starting at 7 a.m.:
- Connaught Street
- Fergus Street between First and Concession
- Grey Street
- Nelson Street between Concession and Princess
- Concession Street between Connaught and Grey
For more detailed maps of the affected areas, please visit www.UtilitiesKingston.com.
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers. For more information, please visit www.UtilitiesKingston.com or call customer service at 613-546-0000.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, media relations officer for Kingston Hydro at 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. www.Kingstonhydro.com