News & Public Notices
Proposed Amendment to Bylaw Number 2010-1 as amended - The Council Procedural Bylaw
December 1, 2017 -
In accordance with the Public Notice Policy, The council of the Corporation of The City of Kingston hereby gives notice of its intention to consider amendments to Bylaw Number 2010-1, as amended, "The Council Procedural Bylaw" to implement recent changes to the Municipal Act, 2001 introduced with the passage of Bill 68, Modernizing Ontario's Municipal Legislation Act, 2017. The amendments relate to the following:
- A new definition of "meeting";
- New provisions with respect to closed meetings;
- Requirement that council pass a resolution stating how it intends to address a report from a closed meeting investigator;
- New provisions with respect to the role of the deputy mayor;
- New provision with respect to leaves-of-absence due to pregnancy or the birth or adoption of a child;
- New provisions regarding declarations of pecuniary interest;
- New provision for a public registry of declarations of pecuniary interest; and
- "Housekeeping" amendments to update the wording in the Bylaw to be consistent with the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended.
The city council meeting, at which this matter will be considered, is scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2017 in the Council Chamber, City Hall, 216 Ontario St., Kingston, starting at 7:30 p.m.
Written submissions will be accepted at the address noted below, or individuals wishing to address Council regarding the above matter should request delegation status, by sending a letter to John Bolognone, city clerk, City of Kingston, 216 Ontario St., Kingston, ON, K7L 2Z3, 613 546-4291 ext. 1247, or email email@example.com by 4 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 18, 2017.
Personal information, as defined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and in accordance with MFIPPA. Personal information collected may be used to make a decision on this matter and may form part of meeting agendas or minutes, and therefore may be made available to members of the public at the meetings, through requests, and through the website of The Corporation of the City of Kingston. Questions regarding the collection, use and disclosure of this personal information may be directed to the corporate records and information officer, Blair Johnson, at 613-546-4291 ext. 1316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dated this 1st day of December, 2017
John Bolognone, city clerk