News & Public Notices
Public Notice - Large Scale Renewable Energy Projects Public Meeting
August 6, 2015 -
What is a Large Scale Renewable Project?
A project that produces over 500 kW (0.5 MW) of power.
As part of the Large Renewable Procurement Process (LRP), residents are invited to attend the Rural Advisory Committee Meeting on August 20, 2015, at the Fairmount Home, Auditorium, 2069 Battersea Road, Glenburnie ON starting at 6:30 p.m. to review the large renewable procurement applications in the City of Kingston.
Decisions made at this meeting will be considered by a special meeting of Council on August 26, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber, at City Hall.
Large Renewable Procurement Process (LRP)
The Large Renewable Procurement Program was created to give municipalities a stronger voice and additional opportunities to participate in the development of large scale renewable energy projects. The LRP program offers a point system based on rated criteria, which can take the form of a municipal council resolution and/or municipal agreement. It is important to note that the Province has the final authority on these projects; the City is a stakeholder in this process, providing a municipal Council support resolution and/or agreement.
Why Come to the Rural Advisory Committee Public Meeting?
This is your opportunity to have your voice heard, view presentations from the renewable energy proponents, ask questions, and provide feedback on each specific application. You're encouraged to provide comments to City staff via email, or address the committee at the meeting.
Large Renewable Energy Proponents:
Note: These descriptions are based on the best information available to the City regarding potential locations at the time of preparation.
- Saturn Power Inc; Middle Road Solar Farm; 2513 Middle Road, 2800 Joyceville Road, 1478 Joyceville Road, 1405 Joyceville Road and 1539 Joyceville Road, in Part of Lots 19 and 20, Concession 2
- Sky Power Projects ULC; DistinctLight Solar Project, MistLight Solar Project and ClassicLight Solar Project; 3928 Howes Road, 3784 Unity Road, 3693 Unity Road, 3872 Unity Road, 3936 Unity Road, and the property located on Con 6 WA Pt Lot 9
- Bondfield NCC Solar LP I; Kingston Sun Solar; Lots 11 and 12, Concession 5 and Lots 10 and 11, Concession 6
- NextEra Canada Development and Acquisitions, Inc.; Cordukes Solar Energy Centre; Concession 5 WA PT LOT 2 S; 2081 Westbrook Road; Concession 5, Part Lot 1; Concession 5, Part Lot 2
- NextEra Canada Development and Acquisitions, Inc.; Battersea Solar Energy Centre; 1800 Battersea Road
- Renewable Energy Systems Canada Inc.; Cataraqui Ridge Solar LP; 1174-1176 McAdoo's Lane in Part of Lot 30, Concession 4, Part of Lot 29, Concession 4
- Invenergy LLC; Kingston East Solar Project; 3664 Concession Road 4
More information on the Green Energy Act can be found on the following link: Green Energy Act
To obtain more information about the Independent Electricity System Operator, long term energy plans and energy production in general, please refer to the IESO Home page.
For more information about the rural advisory committee public meeting contact Catalina Blumenberg, Committee Clerk at 613-546-4291 x 1317 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org