PumpHouse exhibit offers look at Leonardo da Vinci’s inventions - PumpHouse exhibit offers look at Leonardo da Vinci’s inventions
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null PumpHouse exhibit offers look at Leonardo da Vinci’s inventions
May 1, 2018 -
The PumpHouse Museum's newest exhibit, Leonardo da Vinci: Relentless Curiosity, is set to open on Saturday, May 5.
This exhibition explores the side of the famous artist Leonardo da Vinci that is less well known – his work as a Renaissance-era engineer. Come learn how his radical inventions connect with modern technology 4-500 years later, with a particular focus on Kingston connections.
The PumpHouse Museum at 23 Ontario St. also opens for the season on May 5!
What Else is Happening this Season
- Trains & Tots – Join us every Tuesday from May 29 to Aug. 31 for a tot-inspired, learning experience. Sessions run at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Each week we feature a different theme to keep tots entertained and learning.
To coincide with our exhibit, Leonardo da Vinci: Relentless Curiosity, weekly sessions focus on themes of science, art, and math. Let's build strong learning foundations together.
- Discovery with da Vinci – After learning about the genius and mechanics behind Leonardo da Vinci's greatest designs, visit the Gordon C. Leitch Discovery Centre and create your own inventions. Drop-in to design and build your own creation to fulfill the design challenge!
- Fort Night – Have you ever wanted to relive your youth? Come on down at 6 p.m. every Thursday for Fort Night from June 28 to Aug. 30! This is not your everyday fort building with blankets and chairs. Every week there will be a new challenge! We provide the items that you need to complete the challenge (but not the directions).
- Late Nights at the PumpHouse – The museum is open late every Thursday from June 28 to Aug. 30. Come in and experience everything that the museum has to offer from 5 – 8 p.m. Admission is by donation.
- Events – Doors Open, Canada Day and many more special events make the museum a destination all summer long. Visit www.KingstonPumpHouse.ca/whats-on/eventsfor a complete list of updated events.
The museum is open May 5 to Nov. 25, Tuesdays through Sundays from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Late night Thursdays will run June 28 to Aug. 30, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
The PumpHouse is located at 23 Ontario St. in Kingston.
Sign up for our enewsletter at www.KingstonPumpHouse.ca and connect with us on Facebook @KingstonPumpHouse and Instagram @PumpHouse.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
For more information and interview requests contact Julie Fossitt, manager, cultural marketing at 613-546-4291 ext. 1143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.