News & Public Notices
PumpHouse offers fall fun for families, adults - and Leos!
October 11, 2018 –
The PumpHouse has exciting fall programs lined up for train and fort-loving families, adults seeking after-hours fun – and anyone named Leo, in honour of the Leonardo da Vinci: Relentless Curiosity exhibit on until Nov. 24!
Also inspired by the PumpHouse's da Vinci exhibit is a Melos Choir performance of Music of Palestrina, Vincenzo Galilei and others 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12 at St. George's Cathedral.
The PumpHouse, 23 Ontario St., is open 12 to 4 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays this fall. Drop in to see the ever-popular train room, family-friendly discovery centre, historic pumps – or plan to come out for one of these great programs:
- Calling All Leos – Is your name Leo, Leonardo, Leonard, or something else that begins with "Leo"? You can get into the museum for free (in honour of our Leonardo da Vinci exhibit)! Simply present something with your name on it to the front desk when you arrive.
- Fall Forts – Tunnel Vision – Saturday, Oct.13, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and Mighty & Free - Saturday, Oct. 20, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. – We provide the challenge and the items you need to complete your fort, but not the directions. Teams can win fantastic prizes. All ages welcome, from the young to the young-at-heart!
- Leo After Hours – Body Snatching – Thursday, Oct. 25, 6 to 8 p.m., ages 19 yrs+ – Explore our Leonardo da Vinci exhibit during the twilight hours with special activities in celebration of Halloween. The first 10 people through the door receive a treat and don't forget to dress up for our costume contest! Admission is $10 and there will be a cash bar.
- Hal-LEO-ween Curator Tour – Saturday, Oct. 27 at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. –This Halloween-inspired tour takes you through the Leonardo da Vinci exhibit with one of the talented curators who designed it. Come dressed up and let the PumpHouse be your first stop trick or treating.
- All Aboard for the Holidays – Saturday, Dec. 8, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 9, 12 to 5 p.m. – The museum is turned into a winter wonderland in celebration of the season with plenty to do for kids of all ages. "Pay" for your admission with one unwrapped new toy per family (or pay standard admission rates).
- All Aboard After Hours – Thursday, Dec. 13, 6 to 8 p.m., Age 19 years + – Explore the PumpHouse after dark as a wintery wonderland and get crafty with winter-themed activities and games. Admission is $10 and there will be a cash bar.
See you this fall at the PumpHouse! Visit www.KingstonPumpHouse.ca for more details.