News & Public Notices
Rent skates at the Square over the holidays
December 18, 2014 -
The City of Kingston's holiday skate rental service at Springer Market Square will run most days from Saturday, Dec. 20 until Sunday, Jan. 4.
"Bring your out-of-town guests down and give them a truly Kingston experience. Skating in the Square is also a great way to work up an appetite ahead of grabbing a bite downtown," says Brady Olsen, manager, recreation programs.
Find the service and a warming/change area in basement of the Market Wing of City Hall off the north or south courtyards. The north entrance off Brock Street has an accessibility ramp to the lower level, where lockers and washrooms are also available.
Skate Rental Rates
- Children (12 and under) – $2 an hour
- Youth (13 to 17) and Seniors (65+) – $3 an hour
- Adults (18+) – $4 an hour
- Families (maximum of two adults and their children under 18) – $2.50 per person
Holiday Skate Rental Schedule
- Saturday, Dec. 20 through Tuesday, Dec. 23 – 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Note: Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will be in the Square December 20 and 21.)
- Wednesday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve) – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day – Closed
- Saturday, Dec. 27 through Tuesday, Dec. 30 – 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31 (New Year's Eve) – 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- New Year's Day – Closed
- Friday, Jan. 2 through Sunday, Jan. 4 – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The rink at Springer Market Square is open daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and free to use all winter long (weather-permitting). Keep up with the rink's status at www.CityofKingston.ca/skatinginthesquare.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 120,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Our vision – to become Canada's most sustainable city – focusses our efforts on: environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.