News & Public Notices
Rent skates at the Square over the holidays
December 16, 2013 -
The City's holiday skate rental service at Springer Market Square will run most days from Saturday, Dec. 21 until Sunday, Jan. 5 (see schedule below).
"Take advantage of the rental service to skate in the square with out-of-town guests and make memories with family and friends," says Jaclyn Grimmon, Manager, Recreation & Leisure Service.
Find the service in basement of the Market Wing of City Hall off the south courtyard area beside the rink (lockers and washrooms are also available). The rink at Springer Market Square is open for free public skating daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Skate Rental Rates
- Children (12 and under) – $2 an hour
- Youth (13 to 17) and Seniors (65+) – $3 an hour
- Adults (18+) – $4 an hour
- Families (maximum of 2 adults and their children) – $2.50 per person per hour
Holiday Skate Rental Schedule
- Saturday, Dec. 21 to Monday, Dec. 23 – 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve) – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day – CLOSED
- Friday, Dec. 27 to Monday, Dec. 30 – 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 31 (New Year's Eve) – 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- New Year's Day – CLOSED
- Thursday, Jan. 2 – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 3 – 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 4 – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 5 – 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The rink at Springer Market Square is free to use all winter long (weather-permitting). Keep up with the rink's status at www.CityofKingston.ca/skatinginthesquare .
Plan to get there by bus: www.cityofkingston.ca/tripplanner
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer 613-546-4291, extension 3116. Or call the City of Kingston's media hotline at 613-546-4291, ext 2300.