Spend Victoria Day at Lake Ontario Park! - Spend Victoria Day at Lake Ontario Park!
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Spend Victoria Day at Lake Ontario Park!
May 15, 2017 -
Holiday to affect City and Utilities Kingston schedules
An afternoon and evening of family-friendly programming – with a 9:30 p.m. spectacular fireworks finale – are planned for Victoria Day at Lake Ontario Park. The City is offering activities starting at 1 p.m. on Monday, May 22 at the park, 920 King St. West.
Find the City's and Utilities Kingston's holiday schedule changes below further details on the Victoria Day celebrations at Lake Ontario Park.
Residents are reminded that they may put out two untagged bags of garbage for the collection week following Victoria Day.
Victoria Day Celebrations At Lake Ontario Park
Activities and entertainment start at 1 p.m. with live musical performances beginning at 6 p.m. See www.CityofKingston.ca/events or the City's Facebook event page for the full line-up.
- Free live entertainment in the park and on the waterfront. Evening performers include Indie-Jazz duo Taylor Angus, homegrown country artists the Jordy Jackson Band and the acclaimed Absolute Journey Tribute.
- Food trucks.
- Face painting and balloon twisting, inflatable games and military zip line.
- Dog Lover Days canine lure course. Bring your dog (on a leash, please) and give it a try ($5 per dog).
- Fireworks (9:30 p.m.).
NOTE: Only accessible parking will be available on-site at Lake Ontario Park. Please park at St. Lawrence College and take the shuttle bus from the college's transit stop to Lake Ontario Park.
Avoid traffic and parking hassles by taking Kingston Transit!
City And Utilities Kingston Holiday Schedules
- Garbage, green bin and recycling: You may put out two untagged bags of garbage for your first collection day after Victoria Day. There is no collection on Monday. Collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email at www.CityofKingston.ca/collection.
- Kingston Transit: Use Kingston Transit to get to Victoria Day celebrations – all express routes (501/502, 601/602,701/702) and routes 1, 7, and 15 will offer expanded service schedules to get you to and from the fireworks at Lake Ontario Park. Route 18 will run on a weekday schedule to accommodate train passengers. All other routes will operate on a Sunday service schedule. Find more details at www.KingstonTransit.ca/Alerts. Plan your trips with Google Transit: www.KingstonTransit.ca/Tripplanner.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Monday.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city's west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Union Gas customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Remember: prices are off-peak for electricity used on weekends and holidays like Victoria Day.
- Arenas, Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre) and CaraCo Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Libraries: All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library are closed on Monday.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour: Closed Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed Monday.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum and Pump House Steam Museum: Closed Monday.
Kingston Fire & Rescue reminds residents to follow the fireworks safety guidelines at www.CityofKingston.ca/Fire.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications and customer experience department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.