News & Public Notices
February 13, 2019 – (UPDATED from Feb. 12)
City of Kingston service disruption and storm-related messages are posted on this page and tweeted out @cityofkingston.ca.
- The City will re-Tweet Kingston Transit service disruptions updates, which can also be followed @KingstonTransit.
Planning to fly in or out of Kingston Airport? Check the status of your flight. Service may be impacted by an incoming winter storm.
Status of City services, programs and facilities
City of Kingston recreation facilities will reopen at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 13. City programming at City recreation facilities will resume as scheduled.
Garbage, recycling and green bin collection is running as usual.
KFL&A Public Health offices and all programs and services have reopened for Wednesday, Feb. 13 (depending on weather).
All branches of the Kingston Frontenac Library are open.
EarlyON programs are running as usual on Wednesday, Feb. 13, except the program at École élémentaire catholique Mgr-Rémi-Gaulin. Please check the Facebook page of your individual program for any updates.
- The Grand Theatre performance of Swan Lake that was scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 7:30 p.m. has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 7:30 p.m. The performance of What a Young Wife was cancelled on Feb. 12. Please contact the box office to reschedule your What a Young Wife performance or in regards to the change in date for Swan Lake.
- The Grand Theatre performance of Pete the Cat scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 13 is cancelled. School groups scheduled to attend will be contacted to process refunds in a timely fashion.
Need shelter or warmth?
Home Base Housing's Street Outreach Team is checking on known individuals experiencing homelessness and trying to convince them to seek provided shelter options.
- If you need shelter, go to or contact In From the Cold Emergency Shelter, 540 Montreal St., 613-531-3779. Please call this number if you see someone in need of help.
Warm Up Here locations are public and private heated spaces where you are welcome to come in and "warm up" if you are uncomfortably cold. Hours of operation vary. Call ahead to confirm hours of operation.
Tips to weather a heavy snowfall, from the City's office of emergency management
- Do you know who your utilities provider is? Do you have an emergency kit for your home and vehicle – or know what should be included in these kits? Find answers to these questions and more, by reviewing these tips.
- Learn how to be prepared for extreme weather and other emergencies at www.CityofKingston.ca/GetReady.
- KFL&A Public Health has this resource for residents, on what to do to prepare for extreme weather.