Test your smoke alarm and meet Sparky during Fire Prevention Week - Test your smoke alarm and meet Sparky during Fire Prevention Week
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Test your smoke alarm and meet Sparky during Fire Prevention Week
October 2, 2014 -
Kingston Fire & Rescue urges you to test your smoke alarm during Fire Prevention Week, which starts this Sunday.
"Working smoke alarms save lives. Have one on every level of your home and test them every month," says Delbert Blakney, Fire Inspector.
He also urges households to:
- Change smoke alarm batteries once a year.
- Replace smoke alarms after 10 years.
- Develop and practice a home fire escape plan.
Meet Sparky this Sunday
Learn more about fire prevention – bring family and friends to meet Sparky, the fire dog, and firefighters at these Kingston Fire & Rescue open houses this Sunday:
- Station 3 at 211 Gore Rd. from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Enjoy a pancake breakfast!
- Station 7 at 905 Woodbine Rd. from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.