News & Public Notices
The rink is open! Come skate in the Square.
December 18, 2015 -
The ice on the Springer Market Square rink is ready for action!
Skating in the Square is free from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily all winter long weather-permitting.
Accessible public washrooms, a change/warming area and small lockers (bring your own lock) are available in the lower Market Wing of City Hall via the north and south courtyards. An accessibility ramp to this area is available off Brock Street.
The City of Kingston's holiday skate rental service at the Square will run most days from Saturday, Dec. 19 until Sunday, Jan. 3 (see schedule below). The rental booth is located just off the courtyard in the basement of City Hall (lockers and washrooms are also available).
"Skating in the square is a festive way to make memories with family and friends – and to enjoy our beautiful historic, downtown," says Luke Follwell, director of recreation and leisure services.
Skate rental rates
- Children (12 and under) – $2.50 an hour
- Youth (13 to 17) and Seniors (65+) – $3.75 an hour
- Adults (18+) – $4.75 an hour
- Families (maximum of 2 adults and their children) – $2.50 per person per hour
Holiday skate rental schedule
- Saturday, Dec. 19 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 20 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 21 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec .22 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 23 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 24 – 1 to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 25 – Closed
- Saturday, Dec. 26 – Closed
- Sunday, Dec. 27 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 28 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 29 – 1 to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 30 – 1 to 10 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 31 – 1 to 10 p.m.
- Friday Jan. 1 – Closed
- Saturday, Jan. 2 – 5 to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 3 – 5 to 8 p.m.
The rink at Springer Market Square is open for free public skating daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Keep up with the rink's status at www.CityofKingston.ca/skatinginthesquare .
Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. In 2014, it was named a Top 7 Smart Community by the Intelligent Community Forum. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality - - ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future. Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.