News & Public Notices
Traffic-calming Open Houses set for next week
April 7, 2014 -
Residents are reminded that two open houses to review 2014 traffic-calming measures are set for next week.
The proposed measures for eight streets will be on display at:
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, April 14 in the Rona Room, INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16 in Memorial Hall, City Hall, 216 Ontario St.
The traffic-calming measures – which may include speed humps, curb extensions, mini-roundabouts and driver-feedback speed signs – are planned for these eight streets:
- Cataraqui Woods Drive from Bayridge Drive to Midland Avenue.
- Katharine Crescent from Woodbine Road to Lisa Street.
- Lincoln Drive from Bayridge Drive to Development Drive.
- Kingscourt Avenue from First Avenue to Third Avenue
- St. Martha Street from Greenwood Park Drive to Fieldstone Drive
- Barrie Street from Pine Street to York Street
- Robert Wallace Drive from Runnymede Road to Miles Avenue
- College Street from Union Street to Hill Street
See the proposed measures and find out more about traffic-calming in Kingston: www.CityofKingston.ca/trafficcalming
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Media Relations Officer, 613-546-4291, ext. 3116. Or call Communications at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.
Connect to your City.