News & Public Notices
September 15, 2017 -
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Construction Road Closures
- Victoria Street will be closed from South Bartlett to Princess until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 20 to allow for a crane hoist.
- Division Street will be closed from Clergy to Earl and from Earl to William until late September.
- Division Street will be closed from William to Johnson until mid-October.
Nelson Street will be closed from Princess to the end of the street on Friday, Sept. 22, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for work at a private development.
Contractors for Queen's University are constructing an addition to Botterell Hall along the George Street side. Parking has been removed from the northern portion of George Street along the length of the building to facilitate this work. A full southbound driving lane will remain subject to two full road closures later in the project in each of September and October for up to three days.
Event Road Closures
Livingston Avenue and Davidson Street will be close on Saturday, Sept. 16 from 1 to 11:59 p.m. for a neighbourhood picnic.
Rogers K-Rock Centre
King Street will be closed from the Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on Thursday, Sept. 21 for the Chamber Mixer Event
Construction Road Delays
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
- Expect delays on Division Street from Princess to Colborne starting Wednesday, Sept. 20 as Utilities Kingston works to prepare for the next phase of the Princess Street reconstruction.
- Expect delays on John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early November while crews complete the road widening.
- Expect delays on Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
- Expect lane shits and delays at the intersection of Gardiners Road and Cataraqui Woods Drive 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. until Oct. 10 to accommodate watermain work by Utilities Kingston.
- Both sides of Division Street between William and Union streets – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
- South side of John Counter Boulevard between Portsmouth and Sir John A. Macdonald – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.