Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
November 24, 2017 -
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
La Salle Causeway Closure
Please note below that Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) has advised of the up-coming nightly lane closures for the LaSalle Causeway bridge from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. during the scheduled days below. See PSPC media release on this closure here:
November 27-December 1
- No closures anticipated on November 27 or November 28. Crew working on mobilizing to site and installation of access platform on bottom truss
- Lane closures commence on November 29 commencing removal of paint on existing structural steel and sign removals
- Lane closures required to install new structural steel
- Lane closures required for painting of elements
- Lane closures for the removal of hoarding and containment platform
Please note that during the lane closures traffic will have access in both directions but traffic will be controlled by flagman or temporary traffic signals. Pedestrians and cyclists will be escorted across the bridge.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these lane closures please contact
Public Services and Procurement Canada
Ministry Of Transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised of the following 401 closures in the vicinity of Highway 15 next week:
- Nov. 27 to Dec. 1: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., westbound and eastbound off and off ramps at Hwy 15 and Hwy 401
- Nov. 27 to Dec. 1: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp (coming from the south) at Hwy 401 and Division alternating with eastbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. Please note these ramps closures will alternate and not be closed at the same time.
- Nov. 27 to Dec. 1: lane reductions along Hwy. 15 near Hwy 401 between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
Construction Road Closures
- Division Street will be closed from Johnson to Brock until early December.
Other Road Closures
- Centennial Drive will be closed from Cataraqui Woods to Fortune on Thursday, Nov. 23 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to repair storm sewer.
- Nelson Street will be closed from Princess 30 metres southerly on Wednesday, Nov. 29 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to allow for a concrete pump truck at a private development.
- Victoria Street will be closed from Concession to North Bartlett on Tuesday, Nov. 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for tree removal by Public Works. NOTE: In the event of rain the street will be closed on Wednesday, Nov. 29.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on Wednesday, Nov. 29 for the Kingston Frontenacs school day game.
Construction Road Delays
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
- Johnson Street at Division until early December while crews reconstruct the underground infrastructure.
- John Counter Blvd from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until the end of year while crews complete the road widening.
- Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
- Princess Street (westbound) from Sir John A. Macdonald to Concession – lane reductions to allow for Utilities Kingston watermain work until the end of construction season.
- Centennial Drive from Resource to Crossfield – lane reductions due to Utilities Kingston sanitary-sewer work until the end of construction season.
- Expect eastbound lane closures and traffic delays on Taylor Kidd Boulevard between Bayridge and Old Colony until the end of construction season to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- Bath Road eastbound between Collins Bay Road and Coverdale Drive until mid-December while crews complete shoreline restoration work.
- Brock Street at Division until early December while crews reconstruct the underground infrastructure.
- Weller Avenue from Trillium Court to Division Place until late November while crews install a new sidewalk
- James Street (Barriefield). Ongoing work by Utilities Kingston to the booster station will cause delays on James Street, west of Sharman's Lane and Green Bay Road.*
- Both sides of Division Street between William to Brock – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
- Weller Avenue from Trillium Court to Division Place
The lower level of the Robert Bruce Garage located at Bagot Street and Montreal Street has now reopened.*
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Signing up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
*Bold indicates that this item has been added after the news release went out to the media.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada's most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today's decisions don't compromise our future.
Please visit www.CityofKingston.ca and join the conversation on social media.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.