News & Public Notices
December 15, 2017 -
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
La Salle Causeway Lane Closure
Public Services and Procurement Canada has advised of nightly lane closures for the La Salle Causeway bridge from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m., week nights until Dec. 21. Traffic will have access in both directions but will be controlled by flagman or temporary traffic signals. Pedestrians and cyclists will be escorted across the bridge.
See the complete schedule at:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these lane closures please contact:
Public Services and Procurement Canada
Ministry Of Transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised of the following 401 closures in the vicinity of Highway 15 next week:
- Dec. 18 to 22: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., westbound and eastbound on and off ramps at Hwy 15 and Hwy 401
- Dec. 18 to 22: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp (coming from the south) at Hwy 401 and Division alternating with eastbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. Please note these ramps closures will alternate and not be closed at the same time.
- Dec. 18 to 22: lane reductions along Hwy. 15 near Hwy 401 between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
Construction Road Closure
Access to Progress Avenue from Taylor Kidd Boulevard (and vice versa) is closed on Tuesday, Dec. 19 to allow Utilities Kingston to restore the road surface.*
Construction Road Delays
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
- John Counter Blvd from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until the end of year while crews complete the road widening.
- Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
- Centennial Drive from Resource to Crossfield – lane reductions due to Utilities Kingston sanitary-sewer work until the end of construction season.
- Taylor-Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony until the end of construction season to allow Utilities Kingston to construct a new watermain.
- Division Street, between Queen and Colborne on Saturday, Dec. 16. Utilities Kingston crews are transferring underground cables.
- Bath Road eastbound between Collins Bay Road and Coverdale Drive until late December while crews complete shoreline restoration work.
- Lincoln Drive between Bailey Gate and Pimlico Place until late December while crews reconstruct the sidewalk.
- Both sides of Division Street between William to Brock – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
- Lincoln Drive between Bailey Gate and Pimlico Place
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Signing up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
* Information in bold has been added after this news release was sent out to the media.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.