Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
January 5, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates. And visit www.CityofKingston.ca/Snow for safety tips and snow plowing priorities.
Ministry of transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Expect delays up to 20 minutes and nightly lane closures (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) due to construction Jan. 5 to 12:
- Highway 401 Eastbound from west of Montreal Street to east of Highway 15.
- Highway 401 Westbound from east of Highway 15 to west of Highway 15.
Motorists may encounter nightly eastbound off-ramp and westbound on-ramp closures at Highway 15.
Construction road closures
- Princess Street will be closed between Clergy and Barrie streets from Tuesday, Jan. 9 until mid-May as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Intersections remain open. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open!
- Nelson Street will be closed from Princess to 30 metres south from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 8 and Tuesday, Jan. 9 to accommodate a concrete pump truck. Please note that Nelson Street will re-open to traffic in the evening.
Construction road delays
- Front Road (east and westbound) between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane (Front Road Bridge) – expect lane reductions starting Monday, Jan. 8 until the end of February to allow Utilities Kingston site-servicing work.
- Division Street at Princess -- the northbound left turn lane is closed until approximately 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 12 to allow Utilities Kingston crews to repair the traffic light systems. *
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Signing up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
*Bold text indicates this message was added after this release went to the media.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.