Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
February 23, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates. And visit www.CityofKingston.ca/Snow for safety tips and snow plowing priorities.
Ministry Of Transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Construction Road Closures
- Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open!
- Princess/Clergy intersection remain closed until the end of Friday, Feb. 23. Crews are installing a temporary sewer bypass in connection with the reconstruction of Princess.
- Nelson Street from Princess south to the end of the project site on Feb. 26 and March 2* from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to allow for a mobile crane.
- Front Road at Front Road Bridge from Saturday, March 3 until 6 a.m. Monday, March 5 to allow crews to remove temporary culverts.
*This information was added after this news release was sent to the media.
Event Road Closures
- Market Street will be closed from King to Ontario from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Feb. 24 and 25 for FebFest activities.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on Feb. 24 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 a.m. for the Glorious Sons concert and on Feb. 27 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. for the Hedley concert
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
- Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane eastbound and motorists should expect delays until the end of February to accommodate Utilities Kingston site-servicing work. Delays will continue on Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place until May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of May to allow for watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division. Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock. Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.