Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
March 2, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates. And visit www.CityofKingston.ca/Snow for safety tips and snow plowing priorities.
Load Restrictions In Effect
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
Ministry Of Transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
La Salle Causeway Lane Restrictions
9 p.m. March 8 – 6 a.m. March 9
From 9 p.m. on Thursday, March 8 to 6 a.m. on Friday, March 9, Public Services and Procurement Canada will have lane reductions/restrictions on the La Salle Causeway for bridge washing. Vehicle traffic, including cyclists, will encounter a single lane closure with alternating traffic on the other lane directed by flag people. Pedestrians will be instructed by contractor personnel as to when it is safe to cross through the work area and may face short delays.
Construction Road Closures
- Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open!
- Front Road at Front Road Bridge from Saturday, March 3 until 6 a.m. Monday, March 5 to allow crews to remove temporary culverts.
- Nelson Street will be closed from Princess Street south to the end of the work site from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 7 to accommodate a concrete pump truck and a mobile crane.
Event Road Closures
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes on March 4 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 a.m. for Cheer Evolution's parking needs.
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until March 16 while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane eastbound and motorists should expect delays until the end of March to accommodate Utilities Kingston site-servicing work. Delays will continue on Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place until May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of May to allow for watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.