News & Public Notices
March 9, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates. And visit www.CityofKingston.ca/Snow for safety tips and snow plowing priorities.
Load Restrictions In Effect
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
Ministry Of Transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Construction Road Closures
- Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open!
- Barrie and Princess intersection will be closed starting Monday, March 12. Barrie Street north and south of the intersection will remain open to local traffic, including access to the Metro parking lot, at that time.
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until March 16 while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane eastbound and motorists should expect delays until the end of March to accommodate Utilities Kingston site-servicing work. Delays will continue on Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place until May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of May to allow for watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- O'Kill Street will temporarily change from one-way eastbound traffic to one-way westbound traffic from Monday, March 12 to Friday, April 27 to accommodate access to Kingston General Hospital on George Street.
- Princess Street between Division to Barrie streets will change to two-way traffic to accommodate access to businesses while the Princess and Barrie intersection is closed.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.