Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
March 16, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates. And visit www.CityofKingston.ca/Snow for safety tips and snow plowing priorities.
Load restrictions in effect
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
Ministry of Transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Construction road closures
- Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open!
- Barrie and Princess intersection is closed. Barrie Street north and south of the intersection remains open to local traffic and allows access to the Metro parking lot (Princess is now open to two-way traffic between Barrie and Division).
- Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction from Brock to Queen until May 11.
- Nelson Street is closed from Princess south to the end of the work site from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 20 and 21 to accommodate a crane.
King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes for events at the Rogers K-Rock Centre on March 22 (for Kip Moore) and March 24 (for Foreigner) from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
Construction road delays
Expect delays on:
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension through March 16 while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane in both directions this week and motorists should expect delays until the end of March to accommodate Utilities Kingston work to connect water service into a water main. Delays will continue on Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place until May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of April to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- O'Kill Street will temporarily change from one-way eastbound traffic to one-way westbound traffic until Friday, April 27 to accommodate access to Kingston General Hospital on George Street.
- Princess Street between Division to Barrie streets now allows two-way traffic to accommodate access to businesses while the Princess and Barrie intersection is closed.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.