Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
April 13, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates. And visit www.CityofKingston.ca/Snow for safety tips and snow plowing priorities.
Load restrictions in effect
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
Ministry of Transportation
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Construction road closures
- Princess Street will close for reconstruction from Barrie to Division starting Monday, April 16. Princess remains closed between Clergy and Barrie until mid-May as part of this project. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Barrie Street north of the intersection remains closed and south of Princess remains open to local traffic and allows access to the Metro parking lot.
- Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction from Princess to Queen until May 11.
- Frontenac Street from Princess to Jenkins until Dec. 1 to accommodate excavation, foundation and forming work associated with 501 Frontenac St. The west sidewalk remains open to pedestrians.
- King Street will be closed on Saturday, April 14 from 12:01 a.m. 11:59 p.m. from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes for the Johnny Reid concert at the Rogers K-Rock Centre.
Construction road delays
Expect delays on:
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late May while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane in both directions until the end of March to accommodate work by Utilities Kingston. Delays also continue on Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place and both east and westbound traffic will shift to the south side of the bridge late next week until the end of May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of April to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- O'Kill Street will temporarily change from one-way eastbound traffic to one-way westbound traffic until Friday, April 27 to accommodate access to Kingston General Hospital on George Street.
- Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
- Frontenac Street from Princess to Jenkins. The west sidewalk remains open.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.