Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
May 4, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Load Restrictions in Effect
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
Ministry of Transportation
- Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 will have alternating nightly closures of the eastbound off ramp and westbound on ramp from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. May 7 to 11.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Other Construction Road Closures
- Gibson Avenue will be closed from Johnson to Oakridge on Wednesday, May 9 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. to allow Utilities Kingston to conduct gas work. Local traffic will have access from both ends.*
- Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Clergy to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
- Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Johnson and Queen. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
Ontario Street will be closed from William to Lower Union 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 6 for the Annual Battle of Atlantic Parade & Memorial Service.
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
- Princess Street at Nelson on Friday, May 11 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Two-way traffic will be maintained but crews will shift the flow of vehicular traffic to accommodate work being done through sewer access holes.*
- Nelson Street from Princess to the end of the construction area on Friday, May 11 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. as crews shift the flow of vehicular traffic to accommodate work being done through sewer access holes.*
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late May while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place until the end of May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
*This information was added after this release went out to the media.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.