News & Public Notices
June 8, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- St. Lawrence College Transfer Point bus loop is closed to allow crews to repave the roadway and improve the bus waiting area. Routes 1,2,3, 6 and 18 will be affected. See www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours for details.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Parks Canada closure – Washburn Road*
Washburn Road remains closed at Lower Brewers Mills swing bridge to allow Parks Canada to make urgent repairs. For more information about the Rideau Canal, visit www.parkscanada.gc.ca/rideau.
Construction Road Closures
- The intersection of Princess and Division streets will be closed from Monday, May 28 to Sunday, July 1 while crews install new mains and electrical infrastructure.
- Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Clergy to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street. Princess Street will reopen to vehicular traffic on July 1.
- Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Brock and Queen until late June. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
- Princess Street will be closed from University to Division from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 14 to accommodate a crane hoist.
- EXTENDED: Napier Street will be closed to through traffic between Hill and Earl from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12 to allow Utilities Kingston to work on the gas service.*
- Fergus Street will be closed from First to Concession 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 14 to allow Utilities Kingston to work on the gas service.*
Event Road Closures
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 8 a.m. on Wednesday, June 13 to 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 15 for St. Lawrence College's Convocation.
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
- One westbound lane of Johnson Street west of Sir John A. is closed due to a water main break on Cliffe Cres. until approximately 12 p.m. on Monday, June 11. Please consider an alternate route.*
- Gardiners Road near the Cataraqui Centre 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12. Expect significant delays as two southbound lanes will be closed to accommodate 144 concrete delivery trucks. The entrance to the mall will remain open. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- King Street between Barrie and West as crews for Utilities Kingston prepare to replace a watermain.
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony due to eastbound lane closures to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late July while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between INVISTA's east entrance and Trailhead Place until late June to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early July while crews finalize the road works.
- Union Street's eastbound lane will close 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 16 between University and Fifth Field Company Lane to accommodated work on the gas service.
*This information was added after this release went out to the media.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- The pedestrian pathway from Ridley Drive to Lions Civic Gardens, Isabel Turner Public Library and the Cataraqui Centre is closed until June 29 to accommodate work to install pathway lighting. Alternate pedestrian routes include Sutton Mills Court and Braeside Crescent.
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.
About the City of Kingston
Kingston's vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston's high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.