Traffic Report - Traffic Report
News & Public Notices
Content - General - Stay Connected
null Traffic Report
September 7, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating nightly closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Sept. 10 to 21.
- Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect the eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Sept. 10 to 21.
Construction road closures
- Main Street will be closed from Division to Raglan from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for gas main work by Utilities Kingston.*
- Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until mid-September. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
- Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
- The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed beginning 7 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10 until late November. Follow detour signage.
Event road closures
- Ontario Street from Market to Brock is closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 9 for the 9th Annual Kingston Multicultural Arts Festival.
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 4 p.m. on Sept. 11 until 3 a.m. on Sept. 12 for the Chicago show at the Leon's Centre.
- King Street from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 3 to 8 p.m. on Sept. 12 for the Kingston Frontenacs' BBQ.
- Arch Street will be closed from Union to Stuart from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 8 for the Queen's University Arts and Science Orientation Week Semi-Formal.
- Cummins Road will be closed from Wilton to the end of Cummins from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 8 for a Queen's University Engineering Society event.
Expect delays on:
- King St. West eastbound between McDonald and Mowat due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston completes asphalt work after completing gas main replacement.
- Princess Street at Hillendale due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until late September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Bath Road at the intersection of Collins Bay Road until late September.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late September while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 and Unity until early November.
Sidewalk and pathway disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
- Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
*This information was added after this release was distributed.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.