News & Public Notices
September 14, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating week-night closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps and east and west right-lane closures on Highway 401 near the Cataraqui River bridge 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Sept. 21 to 28.
- Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect eastbound right and left-lane closures and the eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. week nights from Sept. 21 to 28.
Construction Road Closures
- Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until late September. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
- Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
- The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
- King St East will be closed from Barrie to West daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Event Road Closures
Livingston Avenue will be closed from Union to King and Davidson Street will be closed from Ellerbeck to Pembroke 1 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15 for the Davidson Street Neighbourhood Street Party.
Expect delays this week on:
- King St. West eastbound between McDonald and Mowat due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston completes asphalt work after completing gas main replacement.
- King St. East from Barrie to West until November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until late September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Bath Road at the intersection of Collins Bay Road until late September.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late September while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
- Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.